ESPA Recovery Roadmap for Convention Services
The purpose of this Roadmap is to help service professionals navigate the myriad of changes to convention services for successful post-COVID recovery. This is a collective effort by peer event service professionals to identify a list of new and changing services for CVBs, Hotels, and Convention Centers to consider.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of service changes needed across all destinations or venues, nor is it intended to be perceived as best practices or guidelines. The intent is to spark new ideas to help you be a valuable partner to planners as we plan for a return to face to face meetings.
Event service professionals are resourceful and highly skilled problem solvers with a broad and detailed knowledge of their destination and venue/hotel. Their expertise and perspective will help bridge the gap as questions and challenges arise with post-COVID events. Consult with your convention or event services manager for more detailed solutions and strategies.
There are separate sections for CVBs and Venues. This is a living document. As the situation evolves, this document will be updated and expanded.
Webinars: Convention Services after the COVID-19 Crisis
What happens when it’s safe to meet face-to-face after the COVID-19 crisis? Over two days, ESPA presents three panels that will discuss the new landscape of meeting face-to-face.
Access the recordings below:
Be sure to visit ESPA Connect, our online community discussion board, to ask questions of your peers, share resources and join the COVID Recovery discussion.
ESPA Leader-level members (Associate Director and higher) are having bi-weekly calls starting May 19 to review COVID response. Learn more.
The following resources are helpful as you monitor and navigate through COVID-19.
- Events Industry Council APEX COVID-19 Recovery Guides
- Events Industry Council COVID Resource Center– Updated regularly; This is a combined resource center that provides resource links for multiple industry organizations including PCMA, MPI, DI, IAVM and others)
- IACC Guide to Re-Imagining Refreshment Breaks and the IACC Guide to Re-Imagining Conference Breaks
- US Travel Association Coronavirus Research
- Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide
- IAEE White Paper: Essential Considerations for Safely Reopening Exhibitions and Events
- PSAV MeetSafe Guidelines
- Connect Safe Space Event Guidelines
- Meetings Mean Business Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce State by State Reopening Guidance– updated regularly
- Standards of Safety in Business Travel– The Travel and Meeting Standards task force, known as TAMS