Join up with your fellow event service peers
EPSA is the only association dedicated to advancing the professional development of event service managers thereby building the bottom lines of the hotels, facilities and CVBs they work for. We recognize and understand the day-to-day challenges Services professionals face; our programming is geared to help you achieve success, find solutions, and grow in your career. The association delivers benefits to its members through tremendous educational opportunities and knowledge exchange that advance skills relevant to CSMs.
Why professional development for service managers matters
Meetings industry surveys have repeatedly confirmed that meeting planners view their Event Service Managers at facilities and CVBs as trusted and valued partners. This holds true not only for first-time meetings and events, but also in driving all-important repeat business. In 2014, ESPA conducted a poll of meeting planners and found:
- 71 percent of meeting planners said the quality of convention/event services greatly impacts whether they would bring their business back to the venue.
- 88 percent indicated the quality of service provided by event service professionals greatly affects their perception of a hotel, convention center or CVB.
- 81 percent indicated continuing education by event service professionals is extremely important to keep up with industry trends, compliance and best practices when it comes to servicing their meetings.
- 75 percent feel more comfortable and confident in an event service professional’s ability to service their event if they belong to a professional organization.
What does membership include?
- Services-specific education through our year-long webinar series and Annual Conference
- Build your continuing education credits – ESPA is a CMP Preferred Provider
- Resources including our monthly event*ure, articles, tools, planner tips, Directory and more
- Grow your network – make lasting relationships with leading service professionals, volunteer for initiatives, engage in our online ESPA Connect! and social media channels, join our mentor program, attend National Celebrate Services Week
- ESPA advocates for the role of convention services and its impact on satisfied planners and repeat business.
You heard it here! Members speak out
ESPA inspires me. It connects me with others who do the same work I do. It keeps me informed, engaged and even entertained!
-Amy Cabe, Director of Convention Services, Visit Spokane
ESPA is invaluable to the event professional who is looking for a professional organization that caters strictly to the unique demands of event professionals and provides first-class networking/mentoring opportunities!
-Denise Reid, Convention Service Manager, Hyatt Centric French Quarter
ESPA has helped me take my professional abilities to the next level! The education I’ve received, and the incredible networking opportunities are second to none.
-Brenda Wasnok, CMP, Client Service Manager, Visit Anaheim