ESPA Recognizes Industry Achievers
ESPA’s annual awards programs recognize the superstars of our industry. Many of these great achievements come from nominations by our own members or by planners. Read below to learn how you can recognize a superstar in your life, and to see who these great Achievers were last year.
Executive Excellence Award
Has your VP/GM or other Executive demonstrated superior services support and leadership in this challenging year?
Is your manager committed to excellence in Convention Services?
Each year at the Annual Conference, ESPA recognizes an executive for his or her commitment and dedication to the profession of event service and to giving key support and leadership to members of their services team. As a member of ESPA, if you feel your organization has an executive who is a mentor, an ESPA supporter and convention services advocate, if he/she encourages your team’s professional development, submit your nomination later this year! .
Criteria and Guidelines
- Nominee supports staff participation in ESPA
- Nominee must be an executive of an organization which has an ESPA member. Executive is defined as a VP or higher at a CVB; a member of the executive committee or GM at a hotel; or a VP, GM or Executive Director at a Convention Center.
- Nominee personally and consistently supports quality assurance in the organization’s convention services operations.
- Nominee supports staff development, growth and continuing education.
Hyatt Centric French Quarter
Meeting Professional of the Year
Event Service Professionals, has your planner client shown leadership and partnership with an event in 2022?
This award was designed to recognize the hard-working meeting professional who exhibits personal and professional characteristics that create an environment that focuses on team work, as well as shows support for the event services profession.
This is your chance to recognize a planner that represents the best of the best! Event Service Professionals know better than anyone when a planner is prepared, shows professionalism and is a great leader when producing an event or meeting. Why not recognize them for their dedication and hard work? .
Criteria and Guidelines
- You must have worked with meeting planner in an event services capacity , i.e. as a CSM, during the past year
- Shows superior leadership and management qualities before, during and after the meeting
- Recognizes the importance and supports the role of the CSM in the meeting planning process
Governor’s Hurricane Conference
ESPA Member Awards
Member of the Year – This award recipient is an ESPA Member who has been outstanding in his or her constant enthusiasm and support of both ESPA and the Convention Services Industry. This person is selected annually by the ESPA Board of Directors. If you feel the Board should consider a certain member, please contact ESPA Headquarters
2022 Recipient: Dominique Bonds, Director of Engagement, Pennsylvania Convention Center and Adrienne C. Terry, Event Services Director, Chattanooga Tourism Co.
President’s Award – Each year the President of ESPA has an opportunity to recognize a member that he or she feels has shown continued support and enthusiasm for the association. There are no specific criteria for this award—it is the President’s decision to honor a member that is deserving of special recognition for their volunteer support and efforts towards the betterment of the association.
2022 Recipient: Carol A. Gagnon, CMP, CEM Director of Event Operations Massachusetts Convention Center Authority